Something different for my Monday post, as the storms start to calm down a bit. ’16 Things Every Woman’s Significant Other Should Know’ With thanks to @rehaninamkhan
Peter Stone AIEP Founder of Apprenticeships Life Top Contributor
After 10 years of Happy marriage, I’m proud to say that Alison and I are still in as much love as we were when we first met on Waterloo station, the Shell Bridge, when Alison first stopped to buy a ‘Big Issue’ from me in 2003,
Sales of the issue were slow as the winter set in, my regulars were the only ones stopping, and whilst I was still able to make the commuters smile, I wasn’t doing so well. so I changed my sales pitch, around a bit. I went and got myself a few bricks from a skip, put them down by the side of me and began using this strap line;
‘Free, with this week’s big issue, Part 1 of Building your own home ‘Bricks’ many people stopped came back, smiled, laughed and sales went up. During this Alison passed, and as she went past, she giggled and smiled at me.
The following week I got a window frame from the same skip (I asked permission to take it and once I’d finished, Week 3, I took it back)
My strapline, Free, with this weeks ‘Big Issue’ Part 2 of Building your own home ‘a window’, and again sales rose, but more importantly Alison actually stopped and our fairy tale romance began.
11 years on, we own our own home, we have a beautiful daughter, and some amazing family pets, we’ve argued 3 times in this time, all my fault, honestly. (Read more on my Blog coming soon)
I think these 16 tips are the secret to a successful relationship, there are a lot more, but for a start these are need to know facts,
ALL GUYS/GALS MUST READ!!!!
16 Things Every Woman’s Significant Other Should Know http://bit.ly/1f9wxfk
‘@apprentice_life’ Guys, This is very important +True ALL GUYS?GALS MUST READ!!!!
16 Things Every Woman’s Significant Other Should Know
While February is the month of love, filled with Hallmark cards and chocolate, I wanted to understand the true foundations of a relationship and the things that really make love last. Recent research has shown that the happiest relationships involve little to no texting, a lot of sex and a good amount of sleep — among other things.
But when we put science aside, what are the every day things that make women happy in their relationships? Here are 16 things every woman’s significant other should know:
1. Know how to make her laugh — and also understand when it’s not the time for laughter.
2. Understand that sex is important to her and it should come with “a little enticement and a lot of respect.”
3. No matter what, hugging always helps.
4. Realize when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to listen.
5. Know how she takes her coffee.
6. Vulnerability is a good thing, and without it relationships can’t grow.
7. Support and encourage her dreams and she will love you even more. As our Facebook follower Britney Keough wrote: “Every woman needs a significant other who’s her rock, and who can lift her up when she’s feeling discouraged.”
8. Respect her as an equal who can take on the world alone, but instead chooses to do so with you.
9. Never dismiss her feelings even if you don’t fully understand or agree with them.
10. Know when it’s her birthday — and don’t forget it.
11. “Selfless acts are what make a relationship last,” our Facebook follower Kelsey Lauren Dobson told us.
12. “I’m fine” doesn’t always mean she’s OK and, many times, means the opposite.
13. Kindness is not weakness, but rather a strength.
14. Respect and encourage her career aspirations and personal ambitions.
15. Recognize that every woman is different. What was important to an ex does not always remain true for a current significant other.
And the classic…
16. Understand how the female body works and — most importantly — where her clitoris is.
What’s one thing every woman’s significant other should know? “Like” us on Facebook, tweet at us @rehaninamkhan http://bit.ly/1f9wxfk