FETN Tutorial Support and Development Conference being held on Friday 6th December 2013 at the Hilton Hotel, York.
Peter StoneFounder of Apprenticeships Life
I am writing to tell you about the forthcoming FETN Tutorial Support and Development Conference being held on Friday 6th December 2013 at the Hilton Hotel, York.
Our Keynote speaker is Peter Clark, Head of Participation Support Policy Unit, Department for Education who will present the latest update on Post-16 Education and Training Policy. The keynote will provide an opportunity to discuss the impact of education policy on tutorial provision and how we might influence such policy in the future.
Our conference workshops include:
• Strategies to improve retention, attendance and achievement
• Effective use of current funding to improve tutorial provision
• Developing personal, social and employability skills
• Changing to a centralised tutorial system: a success story
• Making it real: enabling effective learner led tutorial curriculum
• Working with students to stop the cycle of bullying
• What is happening to Safeguarding and Child Protection?
• Using the new National Occupational Standards to improve Tutoring
• An introduction to co-operative learning
Afternoon Plenary: Effective auditing and evaluating to improve tutorial provision
During the event you will also have an opportunity to view the new Online Tutor Training Package ‘Tutoring Essentials’ designed by the originating author of the National Occupational Standards for Personal Tutoring.
Registration will open at 9.00am. The conference will commence at 9.30am and conclude at 4.00pm. Opportunities for sharing and networking will be provided throughout the day.
FETN Members £195.00
If you would like to attend the conference you can book online at http://www.fetn.org.uk/event-booking.php
I hope you are able to attend and look forward to welcoming you on the day
Dr. Sally Wootton
The Further Education Tutorial Network (FETN)
PO Box 695, Barnsley, S73 3BQ
Tel: 0780 058 5595